Gifting stock from a mutual fund or other stock account is a great way to bless your church. In fact, gifts of marketable securities (stocks) may provide greater tax benefits to a donor than a gift of cash. It can be expensive and time consuming to obtain a stock certificate and then have the church sell the stock and wait for the funds to arrive.
The Wesleyan Church Headquarters has the ability to accept transfers of stock with the assistance of our investment advisor. There is no fee charged to process the stock gift and pass on the funds to your district or local Wesleyan Church. We will also acknowledge receipt of the contribution with the donor by providing the needed details in order for an individual to receive a charitable deduction.
The process of gifting stock is easy:
- Contact the financial advisor who holds the stock and let them know you want to transfer stock to The Wesleyan Church.
- The advisor or the donor can contact the Church at 317-774-3941, and we can provide the necessary information for the transfer to happen.
- The stock is transferred into our special stock gift investment account maintained with our investment advisor. When the stock is received it is sold immediately and the proceeds of the sale are forwarded to the General Treasurer’s Office.
- The General Treasurer’s Office then issues a check to the district or local church.
- The General Treasurer's Office will send an acknowledgment of the gift to the donor containing information required to receive a charitable deduction.
If you would like to take advantage of this form of gifting please contact the General Treasurers Office and we can assist you in the process and answer any questions you may have.