Welcome to the Ministerial Development site for the Chesapeake District! We stand ready to walk with you through the process of discerning and responding to God’s call on your life.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you might have concerning the process. You may call our office at 410.571.9235 or contact us by email at email@example.com.
Steps to Getting Started:
- Talk with your pastor and have him or her complete the LBA Recommendation Form.
- Submit the Ministerial Information Sheet to the district office.
- Complete the online Enrollment Form for the Education and Clergy Development Division.
Education Requirements for Chesapeake District
- The minimum education requirement for ordination in the Chesapeake District is a four-year bachelor’s degree.
- Flame and correspondence courses are available to students who have completed a bachelor’s degree in a discipline other than ministerial training.
- A Master of Divinity from an approved seminary is recommended.
- Ministers must consider themselves as lifetime learners.