8am Registration | 9am Morning Session
2598 Liberty Road | Lexington KY
Info for ministries providing info to be distributed at Conference...
All inserts/announcements (250 packets) need to be sent to District Office by June 30:
Rev. Aaron Sherman | 3677 Gloucester Dr | Lexington KY 40510
Requests for announcements, tables, or presentations, must be submitted by May 31.
All media (projection slides and/or video) must be sent to Office Admin by June 30.
Pastor Tim Linick | firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 (5th Annual) District Conference Recap...
- DS Aaron Sherman was re-elected with an extended call with a 99% positive vote. District Secretary Charlotte Bridges was re-elected to a third 2 year term with a 100% positive vote.
- Rev. David Speas (FWC Clinton) and Rev. Bob Lower (Retired) were re-elected as DBA Ministerial Members. They are joined by Rev. Tim Linick (Glasgow), newly elected this year.
- Mr. Bob Basham (Atwood), Mr. Rob Lower III (United) and Mrs. Linda Hill (Gordon Lake) were re-elected as DBA Lay Members. They are joined by Mrs. Charlene Bowling (Westwood), newly elected this year.
- These individuals together with DS Sherman and Secretary Bridges, District Treasurer Ben Colburn (Milton) and Assistant District Superintendents John Vaughan (Shelbyville), Kenneth Young (Christ Community) and Miguel Funes (Iglesia Caminando con Jesus) make up the 2016-2017 Kentucky-Tennessee District Board Of Administration. All elections took place using electronic voting, which saved so much time!
- Dr. H.C. Wilson, General Superintendent Emeritus shared greetings from our newly elected General Superintendent Dr. Wayne Schmidt. Dr. Schmidt also sent prayer cards and issued a challenge for us to join him in 50 days of focused prayer for our denomination.
- DS Aaron Sherman presented a state of the District Address that highlighted gains in attendance, membership, salvations and full payment of assessments this past year. He also highlighted a number of ways God is working around the District. He challenged every church to listen to God and move forward, impacting their communities for Christ and discipling believers.
- In addition to renewals of 4 Licensed Ministers and 14 Ministerial Students, credentials were issued to 10 new Licensed Ministers and 12 new Ministerial Students. Our District Board Of Ministerial Development is now overseeing more than 40 individuals – a record high for recent years! God is calling individuals from our churches and they are responding to His call!
- Worship sessions were led by Southside Fellowship Worship Team and powerful special music was provided by Chris Thompson & Ron Meade (Wesleyan Christian Center) and Elaine Banther (Lakeview).
- Testimonies of praise were shared by Stephen Tabor (Garvin Ridge), Allen Tomlin (FWC Nashville) Mike Giles (FWC Clinton) and Pastor Mark Hatfield (Hope Wesleyan).
- We honored the following ministers with years of service awards:
James Lay – 10
Gene Swartz – 10
Chris Kendall – 15
Doug Kraft – 20
Aaron Sherman – 20
David Lucas – 25
Jean Pierre Casseus – 25
Ronn Pelfrey – 25
Jay Neal – 30
Orville Mann – 40
MC Tolbert – 45
- The following were presented 40 year medallions from the Wesleyan Church:
Phil Zimmerman, Orville Mann, Ben Colburn, Phillip Perkins,
David Wilcox, Ralph Ferree, MC Tolbert
- The following were presented 50 year medallions from the Wesleyan Church:
David Fall and David Cobb
- We honored those who are retiring from pastoral ministry this year:
Rev. Rick Frazier, Rev. Amos and Margaret Glendenning,
Rev. Rodger and Janice Wiggs, Rev. Phil and Barbara Zimmerman,
and Rev. Paul and Eleanor Johnson.
- We heard presentations from the following:
Dr. Todd Voss, Southern Wesleyan University
Mr. John Lyon Esq., World Hope International
Mr. Thomas Cayce, Thrive Initiative
Rev. Bill Foster, Habitat For Missions
Rev. Brittany Trafton, Kingswood University
Rev. Bob England, Kentucky Mountain Bible College
- Nehemiah Awards for Excellence In Lay Ministry were presented to the following individuals:
Maxine Ogles – Glasgow
Brian Hemmer – Milton
Phil Shearer – Somerset
Mary Metheney – FWC Clinton
Charlsey Turner – Salem Ridge
Scott & Melinda Milam – Hope Wesleyan
Danny & Margie Fulton – Hope Wesleyan
Seven additional Nehemiah Award Honorable Mention individuals will be presented by the DS and their pastors in their home churches throughout this next year.
- 40 churches were recognized for paying their District and Denominational assessments in full. This is up from 29 churches last year!
- Recognition was given to the churches reporting the greatest numerical growth this past year:
Iglesia Mishkan and Trinity Wesleyan +30
Potter's House +26
First Wesleyan Church, Nashville+18
Several other churches were recognized for growth,
development and ministry statistics.
- Nine standing rule changes recommended by the Action Committee were unanimously approved.
- Healthy discussion surrounded 6 proposed Wesleyan Constitutional changes sent to District Conference from the General Conference of the Wesleyan Church held earlier this year. All six were voted on by secret ballot and all 6 received a majority affirmative vote in our District. The Denomination has since reported the aggregate vote of all District Conferences and 5 of the 6 changes were approved, one was defeated.
Full details may be found here (click for explanation from
General Superintendent Dr. Wayne Schmidt).
- A delicious catered meal was provided by the District free of charge for all in attendance.
- We honored those of our ministers and spouses who made the crossing to their Eternal Home during our last District year:
Rev. Robert Daniel, Rev. Dennis Probst,
Shirley Dickerson and Edna Mae Sipple.
While the day was long, God met with us and much was accomplished for Him!