Nine Educational Advancement Classes are offered in 2017-2018 for Ministerial Students and others interested in ministry training:
- September 22-23 — WORSHIP—REVELATION AND RESPONSE (Dr Barclay Brown)
- October 27-28 — OLD TESTAMENT INTRODUCTION (Rev Keith Studebaker) ...OR...
- October 27-28 — PHILOSOPHY AND ETHICS (Dr Barclay Brown)
- November 17-18 — HERMENEUTICS AND HOMILETICS (Dr Barclay Brown)
- March 23-24 — NEW TESTAMENT INTRODUCTION (Rev. Steve Johns) ...OR...
- March 23-24 — LUKE—NEW TESTAMENT ELECTIVE (Dr Barclay Brown)
- April 27-28 — HISTORY AND DISCIPLINE OF THE WESLEYAN CHURCH (Rev Glenn Black)
- April 27-28 — WORSHIP—REVELATION AND RESPONSE (Dr Barclay Brown)
- May 18-19 — CHURCH LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT (Dr. David Durst)
Following are the syllabi for Educational Advancement Classes... |
All classes will be held at the Cumberland Grove Retreat Center in Jamestown TN from 8am to 6pm (Central Time) each day (Fri and Sat). Lodging is free in the Retreat Center, but you will be responsible for your own food/meals, linens, towels, toiletries, etc. Since classes start at 8am (Central) on Friday, you may want to arrive the evening before. The Retreat Center will be open and available for you check in on Thursday night.
Please keep in mind that Licensed Ministers and Ministerial Students must complete two courses before June 1 to qualify to remain in the pre-ordination program.
- All classes are provided free of charge, but students must purchase their own books.
- There will be some required pre and post class assignments.
- Students must be present for BOTH class sessions to receive credit for the course.
- Please do not register or plan to take a class, unless you are able to be present for both class days.
- Registration deadline is 30 days before the class begins.
To register for a class, please E-mail the District Office. |
If you have any general questions about the schedule or pre-ordination process, please
E-mail the District Office. If you register for a class and you cannot attend, you must E-mail the District Office. We will notify the professor.
If you have specific questions about a class, syllabus, textbook, or assignments, please contact the professor directly by clicking on his name listed above which links to his email address.