Lead Pastor - Full-time -
Waterline Church Lead Pastor
Meet Waterline Church . . .
Waterline Church was launched in 2011 by Pastors John and Danielle Freed. Since that time, Waterline has developed into a fun, young-family-targeted, multi-generational, multiplying church in central Indiana. Waterline has steadily grown in more areas than just attendance. Waterline is known for a strong emphasis on discipleship that raises up new leaders, sending people out on a mission to launch life-giving churches, help people far from God take next steps in their spiritual journey and have a ton of fun doing it! In 2019, Waterline Church was named one of the "Top 100 Reproducing Churches In America," by Outreach Magazine.
We really love our communities and we think our Lead Pastor should too! Waterline is headquartered in Hamilton County, Indiana, just 15 miles north of downtown Indianapolis, with a second campus in Pendleton, Indiana. The Fishers Campus is located in the Headquarters of the Wesleyan Church. The city of Fishers is one of the fastest-growing suburbs in the United States and was voted best and safest places to live in America, every year since in 2014 by groups like Money Magazine, SafeWise, and HomeAdvisor. We have learned that our neighbors here love their family, desire to be connected with friends, strive for excellence in all they do, and deeply desire to be happy. The Pendleton Campus, located on the outskirts of Pendleton, described on their website as a place that fuses small-town charm and bold modern thinking in a way that feels completely natural. This town isn't just another dot on the map, it's someplace special. But to understand it, you need to experience it.
Our Church Multiplication Vision:
Our mission statement is simple: Waterline Church exists to Love God and Love Others, bringing life to every neighbor and neighborhood until God is first in every heart and every home.
We are building a strategic team that will work to accomplish a multiplication vision through prayer, partnerships and multiplying leaders. We are excited to leverage the systems and resources at Waterline for stronger churches to be planted in multiple models and contexts.
About the Lead Pastor we need to join our team:
The next Lead Pastor for Waterline Church must have prior lead ministry experience. This candidate is already, or is eligible to be, ordained in the Wesleyan Church. Here are desired characteristics for our next Lead Pastor:
- Student and Communicator of God's Word: (2 Timothy 2:15) One who digs into the Bible for personal growth and encouragement regularly. This pastor is also well able to rightly interpret the Bible and teach it to others in ways that engagingly and even humorously gets their attention, captivates their heart, and challenges them to change their behavior to become more like Jesus.
- Highly Relational: (Luke 6:27-45) Actions, attitude and words display that people matter to God and me.
- Joy-filled: (Acts 13:52) Serves others with a supernatural joy even in difficult circumstances.
- Develops Community Health: (1 Corinthians 12) Goes out of their way to create strong, healthy chemistry and connections with others.
- Tenaciously Driven: (Philippians 3:14) Practices and displays a commitment to the greater vision of the Church and chases it with grit, passion, hard work and sacrifice.
- Holy Spirit Dependent: (Romans 8:26) Demonstrates a hunger for the Holy Spirit's guidance, convictions, counsel, and empowering in daily life and ministry.
- Cultivates Vision Capacity in Self and Others: (Acts 18:9) Grasps the larger vision of the Church and has made it their own. Displays a strong ability to communicate and cast vision that creates ownership in others.
- Intrinsically Self-Motivated: (1 Corinthians 9:24) Displays an inner ability to start and maintain personal motivation to accomplish large goals. Demonstrates an ability to develop a pattern of ministry for the long haul.
- Spiritually on Fire: (1 Timothy 6:11-15) Displays and communicates a spiritual life that is both attractive and initiates a missional movement around them.
- Passionately Evangelistic: (1 Corinthians 9:22) Deeply desires to reach lost people with the message of Jesus Christ and has mastered the skill of recognizing evangelistic opportunities and capitalizing on them.
- Prioritizes Making Disciples of Jesus: (Matthew 28:18-20) Through public teaching and private teaching and small groups, this pastor is highly motivated to find creative ways to develop multiplying followers of Christ. (2 Timothy 2:2)
- Biblical Unity Mindset: (John 17:20-24) Works relationally and strategically to build unity in the body of Christ - in Waterline Church, with the Wesleyan Church, and in the local community building bridges across denominational, racial, and ethnic barriers, acting on the words of Jesus that when His church lives out this kind of unity, the world is more likely to believe that Jesus truly is God the Son.
Apply by sending to the contact information below . . .
- a cover letter,
- an introduction video,
- a resume,
- reference contact information