Senior Pastor - Chapel Pike Wesleyan Church
Chapel Pike Wesleyan Church in Marion, Indiana is seeking a senior pastor whom God
has chosen to lead us into our future of demonstrating the love of Jesus through
Worship, Evangelism, Disciple Making, Service and Missions.
Chapel Pike recently celebrated our 100-year anniversary in 2016. Our church began
on 10th Street in Marion and remained there until we built our current facility in 1987.
We have since outgrown the initial structure and have added on two separate times,
once in 2006 and again in 2012.
Meet Chapel Pike Wesleyan Church Today:
Our average Sunday attendance ranges from 150 to 175 people, with a current
membership at 103. Our current congregation has many members ranging in age from
a core group of young families with children to those who are over 50. Our worship
style is a blend of contemporary music and traditional hymns using a wide variety of
instruments including piano, guitars, drums and tambourine.
Our various children's ministries include Little Lambs (Pre-K and K), Kids for Christ
(grades 1-5) and One Point Eight youth group (grades 6-12). Each of these ministries
maintains a strong focus on biblical teaching appropriate for the age group and offers
several weekly, monthly and annual activities.
Chapel Pike Wesleyan Church is driven by a passion to minister to the local community
through various groups that reach out to the elderly, widows, divorcees, and to those
with special needs and addictions. Our facility also houses a Hispanic ministry which
meets weekly. We have a passion to support missionaries around the world. Over 10%
of our church income is allocated yearly to an array of missionaries through
organizations like World Gospel Mission, Global Partners and Habitat for Missions.
We have been under the spiritual leadership of our current retiring pastor for almost 30
years. Our ministry team also consists of a full-time youth pastor, a part-time children's
ministry leader/event coordinator, a part-time secretary, and a part-time custodian.
We have been blessed by the direction taken by our current pastor, and we can't wait to
see how God will continue to work through the servant leadership of our next senior
pastor. For more information about Chapel Pike Wesleyan Church, please feel free to
look at our website www.chapelpike.org.
This will be a full time pastor in transition, working in concert with our current Senior Pastor for
a period of a few months. It will then transition to the full time senior pastor position.
Profile of the Senior Pastor:
- Currently ordained or eligible to be ordained in The Wesleyan Church pending approval of district superintendent
- Strong preaching abilities that apply God's Word as the complete and only authority that is relevant for both young and old alike
- Firm knowledge and belief in Wesleyan Armenian Theology
- Effective at communicating thoughts, feelings, missions, and theologies in individual and group settings in a loving and biblical manner with all age groups
- Unquestionable calling to pastoral ministry, able to be seen through personal character, leadership, relationships both internally and externally
- Maintain and promote a strong biblical Christian view of marriage, family, and gender identity
- Demonstrate a lifestyle that practices stewardship, displays discernment and obedience to Christ, holds biblical standards of morality and ethics, and the Fruits of the Spirit
- Must work and communicate well with the local church board, pastoral team, congregation, committees, small groups and other entities
- Have a passion and show a priority toward initiating, promoting, and funding of local and global missions that serves the needs of people and connects them with Christ
- Ability to perform other ministerial duties as required
Bachelor's Degree or equivalency, from accredited university; Master's Degree preferred.
Please send resume to:
Chapel Pike Wesleyan Church
2171 W Chapel Pike
Marion, IN 46952
Attention to: Head of Search Committee