Children's Director - The River Church
Location: The River Church, Frankford, Delaware
Reporting Relationship: Executive Pastor, Lead Pastor
The children's ministry director is entrusted with the responsibility of leading children into a deeper relationship with Jesus and each other, helping them find their God given purpose and teaching them to serve and love their community. They will partner with families to provide resources that will help connect these discoveries to everyday life. They will recruit and develop people to serve in River Kids, plan and oversee weekly, quarterly, and yearly children's events, and utilize creativity and variety to keep River Kids relevant, fun, safe and effective.
Characteristics, Gifts, and Skills:
- Passion for God demonstrated in a close and growing relationship with Him.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and core values of the River Church.
- Desire to see children connect and grow with Jesus.
- Ability to lead & develop a team of people toward the fulfillment of a shared vision.
- Personality type that connects with children and engages with them at their level.
- A growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Highly organized with strong administrative skills with the ability to oversee multiple teams, ministries and volunteers.
- Committed sense of calling to ministry in the local church
- Has a passion for children's ministry and working with volunteers, children, students and families
- Teaching and creative planning skills to design a fun, safe, and creative ministry.
- Effective communicator - written, publicly, and interpersonally
- A Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in ministry, education, or related field
- Experience working in a growing ministry
- Ability to work with a staff and in a team setting
- Relates well with children and adults
- Highly motivated and driven
- Cast the vision for River Kids ministry and keep it in front of the people.
- Work with the River staff to coordinate all church programs and functions in concert with the church's overall mission, vision, and purpose.
- Represent the interests of the children in the church's care at all decision making meetings and sessions.
- Participate in training opportunities and continuing education.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the children's ministry.
- Organize training and planning sessions for children's leaders/workers.
- Implement and maintain a safe environment for the children
- Provide leadership to the children's ministry leadership team.
- Approve all children's ministries programs, curriculum, and activities.
- Develop, submit, and monitor the children's ministry budget.
- Serve as pastor to the children in your care – praying, visiting, counseling, discipling.