Next Steps Administrative Assistant (working title)
Working/Flexible Title: Next Steps Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Lead Pastors
Type of Position: 20 hours per week +/- (hours are flexible)
The Next Steps Admin hire will assist in weekly communication from CityHope to the congregation and community, help build and maintain a system to welcome, connect, and disciple newcomers and members alike, and provide administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office.
- Create weekly social media, bulletins, promotional materials, and email newsletters that communicate clearly and creatively what's happening at CityHope.
- Work with lay leaders to grow and develop better communication systems both on Sundays and during the week. They will also work closely with the hospitality and next steps teams.
- Answer the office phone and office emails regularly.
- Provide administrative and organizational support when needed.
- Build and maintain a thorough database of attendees; manage directory and calendar.
- Lead our “Next Steps" desk on Sunday mornings and be the service's “point person."
- Help manage facility usage.
As a team player on staff at CityHope Wesleyan Church, this person will adhere to the following standards:
- Live and uphold a lifestyle that models a leader, as defined by scripture.
- Become a member of CityHope Wesleyan Church.
- Understand and support the vision, mission, and strategic direction of CityHope.
- Demonstrate high levels of emotional intelligence/self awareness.
- Model a lifestyle focused on Jesus that is contagious and inspiring.
- Volunteer and work experience in administrative, communicative, and organizational fields.
- Experience in video and photo editing using programs such as Premier Pro, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Canva, and more is preferable.
- A high level of initiative and the ability to work independently and perform duties with minimal direction and supervision.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills and a willingness to serve with a positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage a number of varied tasks and responsibilities simultaneously.
- A team player who works well with others, as this person will also be overseeing teams of their own.
- Confidence/experience in the social media and marketing world, especially in the realm of Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube.
- A quick learner if any of the above skill areas are lacking. We love someone who doesn't know everything but has good instinct and loves a challenge!
What a future hire can expect from current leadership:
- Support, accountability, and guidance.
- Approachability and friendliness.
- Times for prayer and leadership training.
- Teammates who cheer you on and challenge you to be your best.
- A listening ear to what you think could be better about our church and our leadership.
- Reasonable hours, work load, and time off. We encourage healthy boundaries.
- Respect and trust: if we hire you that means we believe you are the right person for the job and we trust God led you here for a reason. Because of this, we trust you.
* Send all cover letters, resumes, and inquiries of any kind to Pastor Hannah Bowersox via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org *