Christ Community Wesleyan Church (CCWC) is looking for a passionate and highly motivated team member who feels led to join us and serve the local church with a focus assisting in all things pastoral and in the oversight of Next Gen ministries (kids/students) and their families!
Local church needs: In short, we are seeking God's leading to identify and welcome an Assistant Pastor. This pastor would assist the Lead Pastor in the ministries of the church, actively participate in vision casting, and facilitate ministry and missional events and programs. Furthermore, the ideal candidate would be willing and able to focus on the oversight of our Next Gen Ministries (kids/students) and their families! This oversight aims at shepherding recognized and actively involved high-capacity volunteers. Candidates would be encouraged to lead from their own gifting; as “hands-on" as needed. *We recognize the need for flexibility in this area.
Next Gen details: CCWC is a church that values and loves kids/students! Currently our church ministers to 150+ kids/students during our weekend services, in our 6+ year old 35,000 square foot Next Gen facility. This building includes a dedicated kid's worship space, a dedicated youth worship space, several additional classrooms, a game room, and a full-sized gym! At present we have a team of 65+ Next Gen volunteers who are passionate about kids/students and who are hungry to serve, and hungry to be led!
Education and requirements: It is desired that the ideal applicant would have at minimum a bachelor's degree in Christian ministry or a related field. Previous experience is preferred but not required. Applicants should also submit to the Articles of Religion, as recorded in the Wesleyan Discipline.
Snapshot of responsibilities:
Assistant Pastor leadership
- Assist in the planning, preparation, and facilitation of weekly services, small groups, and events.
- Assist in baptisms, communion, funerals, dedications, weddings, visitation, etc.
- Development and facilitation of assimilation and discipleship model and process (within a team).
- Special projects as needed.
- Engage as an active part of the staff team at CCWC.
- Operate as a master of communication; with congregants, community, staff, ministry teams, Lead Pastor, etc.
Oversight of pertinent Next Gen department
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction of overall ministry area.
- Pray with and for ministry, seeking God's path and direction.
Disciple kids/student and families
- Develop family ministry model by utilizing a “think orange" type philosophy to partner with parents and care-givers, to disciple kids/students and families.
- Plan and facilitate/oversee weekly Next Gen worship services.
- Create a small group ministry within pertinent Next Gen ministry.
- Facilitate large events and ministry opportunities to engage kids/students and families.
Next Gen leadership
- Recruit, train, empower, and lead a team of adult and student volunteers.
- Empower kids/students to be a vibrant part of the local church.
- Provide pastoral care as a ministerial staff member of CCWC.
The ideal team member(s) will have the following characteristics.
- Spiritually grounded
- Takes initiative
- Team player/Loyal
- Team builder
- Good Stewardship/Giver
- Good time management
- Healthy and growing (spiritually, emotionally, physically, mentally, relationally)/Holistic
- Stable home life/Living situation
- Connects well with all generations
- Excellent communicator; platform, one-on-one, small group, virtually, over the phone to; parents, volunteers, staff, direct report
Once again, flexibility in how we add to our team is key. We are attempting to create a culture with our leadership, not simply “fill-holes." Our goal is to on-board ministry leaders who desire to partner with us, under the leadership of God!
Interested parties should email a “call to ministry", a personal mission statement, and an updated resume to Steve Warner at email@example.com.