We are currently not accepting unsolicited manuscripts.
Our titles include the following categories:
- Discipleship Group Study—Books that deepen your faith and offer further discussion in a group setting. Resources can include a Group Leader's Guide and Sermon Notes found on our Shepherding Resources page. Recent titles include: Side Door, True Depth, and Building Deeper Faith Series.
- Deeper Devotion—Books that help the spiritually maturing believer follow the way of transformation through substantial daily devotional readings (thematically coherent, 600–1,000 words each, and 40–60 days' worth). Recent titles include: Real Mercy, Our Walk, Holiness Revealed, and Finding Your Dream.
- Christian Living—Books and resources that encourage readers to live authentic, Christlike lives (the practicalities of holiness; that is, loving God and loving neighbors well). Recent titles include: Fear Not and Awakening Grace.
- Spiritual Growth—Books that provide inspiration and direction to readers for deepening their personal relationship with God through the transforming work of his indwelling Spirit. Recent titles include: Unholiness, Wesley Bible Studies, Unfollowers, and FaultLines.
- Social Issues—Books that challenge God's people to participate in his work of healing and transforming communities and creation. Recent titles include: Light in the Darkness and Wired for Greatness.
- Ministry Leadership—Books and resources that provide help and direction for pastors, staff, and lay leaders. Recent titles include: The Early Church—Letters to the Body of Christ and Purple Fish.
Light from the Word
Light from the Word is a daily devotional, published quarterly, with a circulation of approximately 27,000. We look for clean, tight, inspirational writing that makes minimal use of first person. Writing must lead readers to discover a biblical truth and apply that truth to their lives. Each devotion contains a title, theme verse, body text, and imperative action statement of affirmation.
Devotions are written by assignment; a typical assignment is for seven devotions of approximately 200–240 words each.
We are not accepting unsolicited devotion samples at this time.
See below to download “How to Write Life-Changing Devotionals" PDF.
Also, check out Jerry Jenkins' new extensive guide to devotional writing: How to Write a Devotional: The Definitive Guide.